• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 12 Volt trailer

roady

Hey Guys,

I am getting ready to pick up a new to me 1968M101A1 trailer and right on the front of the trailer it says "12 Volt". Has anyone seen any like this before? I plan on taking some 12 Volt lights with me to use for transportation back home but if it just a matter of replacing the connector on the trailer to match my truck I wouldnt need the temporary ones. Does one know what the wiring inside the trailer plug would be.

I did do a search but everything I found was for converting 12Volt to 24Volt.

Thanks for any help provided.

mistaken1

Hey Guys,

I am getting ready to pick up a new to me 1968M101A1 trailer and right on the front of the trailer it says "12 Volt". Has anyone seen any like this before? I plan on taking some 12 Volt lights with me to use for transportation back home but if it just a matter of replacing the connector on the trailer to match my truck I wouldnt need the temporary ones. Does one know what the wiring inside the trailer plug would be.

I did do a search but everything I found was for converting 12Volt to 24Volt.

Thanks for any help provided.
Sounds like someone put 12V lamps in it and did not want them destroyed by a 24V hookup. Double check though.

This came from someone on this site. I apologize for not being able to give credit by username.

Attachments

Ressoldier

moose53

I made an adapter which had a flat four 12v connector on one end and a mil 12 pin socket on the other for less than 20 bucks. I made it from a flat four harness you can pick up at any auto parts store, a used military vehicle 12 pin trailer socket which is widely available from surplus dealers like Saturn or Rapco, and some crimp on butt connectors and electrical tape. just connect the flat four harness to the appropriate pins on the military socket using the butt connectors, snip the unused wires off the military socket, then wrap with electrical tape to secure the wires and weather proof it. Then you have an adapter to use with any military trailer, and you don't have to modify the trailer or the tow vehicle other than changing the trailer bulbs to 12 v. Here's a link to emmado's thread where he explains how to connect the wires and even has pics. I highly recommend this method cause its cheap, easy, and you dont have to mess up any vehicle wiring. Heres the link: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/trailers/31824-civy-truck-mil-trailer-wiring-info.html

Jim