• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 ,2,3 Tongue Storage

URBNFLX

Just polling to see if anyone has any good ideas for tongue storage for the M101A series trailers... I have seen many of the mainstream options but don't know if it will suit me or not(plus most of the boxes are diamond plate, which doesn't say Military to me...). I am looking for a nice place to put a couple deep cycle batteries to run my bed crane and some tie downs, tarps, stabilizer jacks, and tools.

URBNFLX

I'm going to run a tool / accessory box off a gen trailer on mine for storage. This is one of the taller ones, the one on my M116A3 isn't as tall as this one. I can take measurements and post them if you want.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/trailers/68294-m101a3-cargo-anchor-install-4.html

I like the look of that one, don't know if it would be big enough to hold 2 deep cycle batteries though. What are the measurements of it? Where did you find a box like that for sale? I don't think I have very many places to look for mil surp stuff around here.

Last edited:

number9

I like the look of that one, don't know if it would be big enough to hold 2 deep cycle batteries though. What are the measurements of it? Where did you find a box like that for sale? I don't think I have very many places to look for mil surp stuff around here.
Box is 40"L x 9"W x 9"D

URBNFLX

Funny you should say that, I have a military trailer that has fenders made out of diamond plate from the factory.
True, I have seen it used for places that the troops might be walking on like steps and fenders.. used as an aid for non skid surface. I was referring to an entire box made of it though just might not look the part even if you paint it to match.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks