• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 Build

harleyhouse

Good point on the 3/4 ton find. The hub hole on my 2500hd is huge.
This is a great idea, I wanted a spare even though the wheels are the same on the truck and I can use it's spare, Hanging a spare on the front makes the trailer tongue heavy, on the rear does not work with the gate and would require a swing away mount like a jeep.

This system is simple and only three holes to drill. I will pick up the hoist socket too.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was just a little fabbing. The tube to crank it up was custom. Mike used a piece of 3/4" DOM and welded a bolt in the end to crank it. He matched the bolt to the lug size.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny do you thing the tire lift would work for the large 37" tires on the M1101 trailer? That is the next project trailer after the M101.

86m1028

Great build

Are you mounting the transfer tank on the floor of the trailer or at the top of the side rails ?
That spare mount looks factory !

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This project has sat idle since shortly after the pics were taken. The guy building it is looking for an S250 to secure directly to the frame. To answer your question, the transfer tank sits on mounts up in the front of the topper. If you look at pics of the front of the topper, you will see the frenched filler hole welded in place. If the topper is removed, the tank remains with it. Now that you have reminded me of this topper, once he gets the S250 I may reclaim this for my M101A3.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would be but the guy building it wasn't. He was more concerned about space. 50 gallons of fuel and the tanks etc is likely around 425#.

nrfd208

What did you guys use to elevate the topper that 4 inches? I was thinking of using channel iron to do mine, but not sure I want to deal with the stake pockets right now (I have limited tools, and no garage as of right now)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks