• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 hand brake cable

teul2

I am looking for the 67 inch long hand brake cable for my M101A1 trailer. It is broken at the handle about 4 inches from the end. I believe the part number is 11686101, but i can't find one anywhere online. Does anyone have the right part number (is mine right) or a source for these? Is there a cross reference vehicle to look these up by?

If not, do you think it is feasible to replace the steel cable and use the rest of the assembly? I an thinking the hardest part of this will be pulling the new cable through the "jacket" of the original.

McGuyver

I had a hard time finding them too. Finally did, but not before buying a set where the cable is a few inches longer than it should be. It would work, but you would have to drill a new hole further down to attach it. I think some people have done this before. If you're interested, let me know, and I'll sell them to you.

Edit: just realized you are asking for the cable for the A1. I don't think these would work. They would work for the A2 with the above modification.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Guyfang

Staff member
Its important that we know what trailer you have. The M101A1, or M101A2.

If you have the M101A1, then the part number you posted is wrong. The NSN and part number for the M101A1 is: NSN 2530-00-967-6278, part #15785800.

The NSN and part number for the M101A2 is: NSN 2530-01-168-7906, part #11686101.

When you look up a part, and we can use this cable as an example, (Figure 6, Item #1, PDF reader page number 418 and 419 in TM9-2330-202-13&P) you see one cable, and the item description shows three number 1's, you need to look at the UOC. Usable On Code. Thats listed on page, (PDF Reader page number) 392. It lists the trailer models, and gives you the UOC. In this case, the M101A1 is 257 and the M101A2 is 263. Turn back to page 419, and find the cable with the right UOC.

teul2

Its important that we know what trailer you have. The M101A1, or M101A2.

If you have the M101A1, then the part number you posted is wrong. The NSN and part number for the M101A1 is: NSN 2530-00-967-6278, part #15785800.
Thanks Guyfang.
I think you nailed it. I found this NSN on the auction site and have it on order. It should be the right one. If not, well, I'll keep looking.
I was really surprised that these were so hard to find on the surplus parts guys sites now. It was pretty much cake to find when I looked a while back. But then, no one is making these anymore, so I shouldn't be so surprised.

Guyfang

Staff member
Data plate says M101A1. This is NOT the original data plate. So it might be, and it might not be. The TM says the cable is 67.125" long. I am a positive thinker. So I would go with it being an A1.

teul2

Data plate says M101A1. This is NOT the original data plate. So it might be, and it might not be. The TM says the cable is 67.125" long. I am a positive thinker. So I would go with it being an A1.
You believe it is not the original data plate b/c it is screwed on and not riveted?

Guyfang

Staff member
That and the data is hand written. Mostly, when a data plate was hard to read, someone replaced it. Mostly they had no stamps, so it was scratched on. Data plates were always screwed on.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found a handful of NOS cables on fleabay and only bought two. I figured I would regret it since I had 4 trailers at the time. Now, I have to replace two cables on one trailer and have a broken one on the other trailer.

Dang.

McGuyver

Judging by the pictures of the axle spindle and brake shoes, I would say you've definitely got an A1. I had an A1, and it looked exactly like that.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

teul2

It is an A1. I am sure of it.
Thanks for all the input guys. I think I have the right cable in hand now. Just have to quit being an essential employee long enough to go install it.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, yeah. When I looked the M101A1 cable number up in the big auction site, I found them for sale. A pair of them. Might want to look.

Thanks for the tip! I needed one and epay had a bucket load of them quite reasonable at 2 for $25.

Easy way to tell A1 is no wheel cylinder or hydraulics. A2/3 have wheel cylinders.

Stay Safe :cool:

Builty

Afternoon, all,

I am seeking the same brake cables for my M101A1. If anyone know if someone is making new ones or could fabricate new cables that would be awesome.

Thanks to all that reply.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks