• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 Loadout Questions

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am the high bidder on a M101A1 trailer from Government Liquidations and I have several questions.

First, do most sites allow trailers to be hitched to the vehicle (pickup truck) or do you have to actually load it on a trailer.

Second, I want to order a pintle hook for my truck and need to know the size of the lunette ring to make sure it will fit the hook.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Motorcar

Got mine out of Fort Sam last week, hook it to your PU, Explorer, whatever. A standard pintle hitch will work, no special size involved just get it high enough to get the trailer fairly level. I purchased the pintle and an excellant adjustible receiver mount from a local trailer supply place, price was in line most all places. The magnetic trailer lights work great, Harbor Freight Tools have them for $19 or $9 with coupon from SGN. Make sure your parking brakes release on the trailer before you make 70mph up the highway!

ralbelt

Make sure you check the lights if you go the H.F. route, I had to rewire mine and I know of a few others that had to rewire theirs. Other than that we ductaped them to the rear shackels and they stayed there for the 6hr trip home.

TIGERFANS2

a little para cord to tie 'em to the back rails, zip ties for the excess wiring and scrape off the paint protecting tape (protect CARC?...) and the hf's work ok.... not great, not all that good, but ok. If you were nearby you could borrow mine if you promised to return them this century

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the input all. I had thought about the lights but didn't mention it. I also thought about a spare tire but am not sure of the wheel size. I am attaching a picture from GL. Can anyone tell me the size by looking at the picture? I was wondering if they are standard.

Attachments