• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 Lunette Height

THE_TITAN

Going to pick up a M101A1 either today or next sunday and needed to know which pintle setup I need. I have a Nissan Titan with a 10" lift on it. My hitch reciever sits at about 26"-28" from the ground. I have read that the Lunette is only at about 25-26". Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

koolex11

The A1 has two lunette positions: if it's in the up position you should be about right, if it's in the down position you will need a bit of a drop on your hitch or you can just flip the lunette over. The ring is held on by a BIG crown nut with a cotter and lord knows how many coats of paint and rust. But a couple inches isn't anything to worry about until you get home.

Most of them come in the down position. That's the way Uncle Sam had them set up, usually.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks