• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m101A1 / MEP002A Recovery NJ/PA

LuckyDog

Wednesday Dec 01, 2010. Left home base in RI at 0300 for Fort Dix NJ.

Traffic was very light but weather was rainy.

Picked up the M101A1 at 0800, out of NJ by 0900.

Drove through some awful rain on the way to Mechanicsburg, PA. Luckily the traffic kept moving and no work was being done in the construction zones on 76. There were a BUNCH of construction zones too.

Rain had stopped by the time we reached Mburg. 1200

Got a nice sit down lunch and was at the GL office for pick-up on time at 1330.

Mike at Mburg was great. Loaded the MEP right into the trailer. THEN, was nice enough to unload it and turn it around put it back in again. (Gotta love forklifts)

As I thought might be the case, this trailer had holes drilled into the bed to mount the MEP002A. :jumpin: Stopped at TSC to get some hardware to bolt it down. Was in and out of the store a lot 'till I got enought correct size bolts and washers to do the job. But am glad I did.

Went to my parents house near Carlisle to visit and sleep.

Next day was a nice easy ride back to RI.

As you can see in the photos, I have some cleanup to do before I try to start it. The screen on the fill can is totaly plugged. That brown stuff in the bottom of the tank is about 1/16 to 1/8 thick. Genny only has 7.2 hours.

Big THANKS to RickF for the backup on the trailer recovery. I am glad to be a member here.

Attachments

rickf

That gunk in the tank looks just like mine except mine was more like an inch thick!
Xylene will cut that real nice, carb cleaner and Safety Kleen just make it stickier!!!
Make sure you get the screens on the pumps and the filters.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks