• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101a1 parts?

Soupermike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking at getting a "rough" M101a1 trailer. It is missing brakes, front landing leg, and chains. It will definatly Who is the go to for M101a1 parts?

Thanks
Mike

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The question is, how badly do you want it to be original?

All those parts you could easily use non-military parts for and end up with an easier to use trailer.

If you really want it all original then it might be more cost effective to find an M116A1 or M101A1 frame to use as a parts donor.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking at getting a "rough" M101a1 trailer. It is missing brakes, front landing leg, and chains. It will definatly Who is the go to for M101a1 parts?

Thanks
Mike
A post in the parts wanted section should score you the landing leg/chains.
If not, eBay will usually have those listed.
The landing leg and chains aren’t 101A1 specific, any 101 series landing leg/chains will work.

Is it missing the brake shoes or is everything missing?
Brake handles still there?

The only bad thing about the A1s are the lock ring rims.

As already recommended, finding a A2 or A3 might be better financially.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike,

I have a set of chains with hooks that have been abused. The hooks are elongated but could be fixed with a torch which Is outside my skill set....

I think I have a manual leg. Just need to find it....

Text/call when you have a moment..

Soupermike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a friend go and check out the trailer and I passed on buying it. He stated that it is too much of a hassle to be worth trying to fix. The frame is rusted out so bad that most would have to be replaced and the bed is trashed.

A post in the parts wanted section should score you the landing leg/chains.
If not, eBay will usually have those listed.
The landing leg and chains aren’t 101A1 specific, any 101 series landing leg/chains will work.

Is it missing the brake shoes or is everything missing?
Brake handles still there?

The only bad thing about the A1s are the lock ring rims.

As already recommended, finding a A2 or A3 might be better financially.
It is missing all of the brake hardware. It is missing the front landing leg and chains.
I don't mind the rims because I want a trailer that matches my M37.

Mike,

I have a set of chains with hooks that have been abused. The hooks are elongated but could be fixed with a torch which Is outside my skill set....

I think I have a manual leg. Just need to find it....

Text/call when you have a moment..
Thanks Juan, but I wont be needing them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks