• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 Parts

blybrook

Bearings / seals are initially covered under this thread (post 8 ) and again in this thread (posts 2 & 4)

Cannot help you with shocks at this time, haven't replaced mine yet. The local parts houses should be able to match them based on standard measurements.

Hope this helps.

EDIT - Correction: The above are for the A2 M101. Napa or any of the other parts houses (including trailer shops) should be able to get you the necessary bearings / seals with the numbers off of the old ones. They can also measure them out to match as needed. So it's a pull them out and head to the parts house.

Bill

Last edited:

Nick

Dunno how different the M101a1 is from just an M101. But the shocks I put on mine are as below. This was taking the stock shock off, bringing it to Smith Auto Parts, and comparing almost every shock they had to find one close to the travel distance of the stock one, and for the weight. I tried to find the receipt, but no luck. The shock is marked as:

Gas-Magnum
34828 PO52A

They were yellow, but I painted em black
Hope it helps

Nick

Last edited:

justanoldtrailer

Bearing for M101 A1

I see posts for the Timken bearing numbers for the A2...But did anybody post the bearing part numbers for the M101A1? Did all the research - NSN 3110-00-100-4484 - but a civi number is elusive.

CGarbee

Since the M101 and M101A1 use the same hubs as the M37 and M37B1, you can utilize the parts cross reference page on my website, or you could contact any of the M37 parts dealers and order from them...

The parts cross reference page on my website for the M37 is located at
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/PartsCross.PDF

To save you the effort of pulling up the page and looking at the first six lines, here's the info... :)

Bearing-Wheel, large: Timken 28682
Bearing-Wheel, small: Timken 2984
Race-Wheel, large: Timken 28622
Race-Wheel, small: Timken 2924
Flange Gastket: NAPA J26288
Seal, Inner Hub Oil: NAPA 49426, CR28116

These numbers also work for a later Dodge Power Wagon (the WM300's and the '50 B2 for instance) in case you need to tell your parts counter a civilian application...

Good luck.

CGarbee

Great cross reference on that site! So are the large bearings the inners and small the outers? Or vice versa? Cheers
The large bearing is the inner and is retained by the dust seal and the snap ring, the small bearing is the outer and is reatained by the nut/lockring/nut combination.

When you have the hub off, remember to give a very light coat of bearing grease to the entire inside of the hub to prevent it from rusting. Just a thin coat to prevent air/moisture from getting to the steel, not a heavy one that will affect balance...

I see that you are located in Williamsburg...which one? VA?