• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 - Using HMMWV Wheel/Tire

85 USMC M998

Has anyone used a HMMWV Wheel/Tire combo on a M101A1 Trailer? I realize that they will have to be re-centered. Has anyone done such a thing and how did it turn out? I am looking for a less expensive alternative to buying 16x9 NDTs for the Trailer since I have a set of HMMWV wheel/tires just sitting in the barn.
Thanks

86m1028

I've bought a few from GL with 12 bolts on them.
They fit but are close & on some trailers the park brake cables have to be tucked in some.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmwv wheels wont fit M101A1....has the wrong axle / drums.
Now a M101A2 can be used.....it has the proper 8 lug pattern.
Some guys used a wheel spacer to bring the hmmwv wheels out a little to clear cable and or structure.

86m1028

Hmmwv wheels wont fit M101A1....has the wrong axle / drums.
Now a M101A2 can be used.....it has the proper 8 lug pattern.
Some guys used a wheel spacer to bring the hmmwv wheels out a little to clear cable and or structure.
Yeah I totally missed the A1 part.
I was referring to 12 bolt wheels on an A2.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks