• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 Wheel Conversion

McGuyver

Didn't the M1008's have 8 Lug wheels? In any case, I'm interested in the same thing...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

dtdoyle01

You are correct, it is 8 lugs, the trailer has 6 currently. I haven't been able to find an axel the same length. I shorten the wheel well two inches per side to fit an S-250 shelter in it.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Your thread is not making any sense, A M101A1 should have a 5 hole Budd lock ring wheel, M101A2 & 3's should have a 8 hole 16" Chevy 1008 or dodge wheel (some late ones had HMMWV wheels still 8 hole). So if your trailer has 6 hole wheels somebody has already changed the axle! So what are you really looking for? If you have a 5 luge wheel = change axle.

dtdoyle01

My **** memory sucks since the TBI. My M105A1 is 6 lug, and the M101A1 is 5 lug. Thanks for the info on the A2 and A3, I guess I need to look for an axle.

Chief_919

Since your bed has been customized it would be far easier for you to find a good M101A2 and swap the bed than try and swap axles, because then you keep the surge brakes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks