• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 Wheel Conversion

McGuyver

Didn't the M1008's have 8 Lug wheels? In any case, I'm interested in the same thing...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

dtdoyle01

You are correct, it is 8 lugs, the trailer has 6 currently. I haven't been able to find an axel the same length. I shorten the wheel well two inches per side to fit an S-250 shelter in it.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Your thread is not making any sense, A M101A1 should have a 5 hole Budd lock ring wheel, M101A2 & 3's should have a 8 hole 16" Chevy 1008 or dodge wheel (some late ones had HMMWV wheels still 8 hole). So if your trailer has 6 hole wheels somebody has already changed the axle! So what are you really looking for? If you have a 5 luge wheel = change axle.

dtdoyle01

My **** memory sucks since the TBI. My M105A1 is 6 lug, and the M101A1 is 5 lug. Thanks for the info on the A2 and A3, I guess I need to look for an axle.

Chief_919

Since your bed has been customized it would be far easier for you to find a good M101A2 and swap the bed than try and swap axles, because then you keep the surge brakes.