• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m101a1 wheel conversion

MatthewH

You can use modern truck style tires, but becaue of the rim design, you still have to use a tube. I have a 101A1 with 235/85/R16 Load Range E tires, I just went to the local tire shop and asked for tubes to fit that size tire.

oilcan

I don't know if the -A2 hubs are a direct swap, but it might be your best bet. If not, swap in a whole 101A2 axle set and be done. (or just get an A2 trailer) They use 8-lug chevy wheels...

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can get, new 9.00x16" tires for it. The bead design on the metric tire sizes (ie. 235....) is different, and is not rated for that old wheel design.

If yur thinking about all that stuff, just buy an A2 trailer. Its by far cheaper, and you get a super brake system, that makes them safe with any load.

StrykerPerry

anyone confirm a hub swap from a1 to a2 without getting a whole axle ? if so I want to go that route also another thing I noticed today some iszuzu box trucks have a 5 lug 16" dual wheel that looks like the same lug pattern as the m101a1 anyone ever tried those rims on a m101a1 hub

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My m101a1 has cooper 235/85/16 all terrains that were put on by the military. They work just fine on the original rims.