• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101a2 17rims x 9.5?? Help

Andywy

Just got an m101a2 and it has the 16.5" rims. Can only 2 tires, and really i dont care for either as the wrangler mtr's are $950 each and the other ones dont sport any offroad lugs at all. So im stuck with going for new rims. The only rims i like are black rhino military styled but they come in 17rx9.5 with a 4.5" backspace i think, and the hub bore is 122.1. Will these rims work? Or am i going to have issues with the hub being off by a bit, and then the rim being too wide and rub anywhere? Please help thank you

tobyS

Ford van rims give you 16" but not as wide as you want. Have you tried hummer tires and wheels (16.5")?

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the 101A2 the hmmwv rims and tires sit in a little too far, and you are very likely to be rubbing the tire on the parking brake cable due to the 8" offset on the rims.
For the original question, if your rims are only 4" offset then I see no reason why they shouldn't fit, provided you don't put too large of tires on them and too much weight on the trailer. What might fit and look good with an empty trailer might not work once you start loading it up, or when going over obstacles.