• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2/3 Fender Extensions

ChrisABQ07

I am modifying my M101A2/3 (M116A3 chassis and M101A2 box) to compensate for the wider axle. I am adding 5 inches to the fenders. The extensions are 1/8" thick sheet steel. Here are some photos of the project.

P.S. - Now I'm thinking about reworking the right rear quarter to include an exterior mount for the spare....

Thanks for looking.

-------

Overbuilt is just enough.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks so good I would have mistaken it for stock if you had not mentioned it. I might have thought it was actually an M101A3! Great work!

ChrisABQ07

Thanks for your kind words.

I am updating the design plans to include the changes I made during the installation. Mostly small stuff - bolt hole locations and so on. Then I plan on posting the plans for anyone who is interested in a building a set.

ChrisABQ07

Here are the plans and notes for the fender extensions. If you have questions or trouble viewing them, send me a note.

If you download and use these plans to build your own close to home, please send a $20 donation to either:

www.uso.org

or

www.fisherhouse.org

Thanks,
Chris
---------

Overbuilt is just enough!

---------
7/15 - Swapped files - Removed JPGs replaced with PDFs for better viewing. Updated Fender Notes to reflect installation changes. "Right Click" on the thumbnail you are interested in. When the menu pops up, select "Open Link in New Window". You can either "Open" to view or "Download" to save the file to your computer.

Attachments

Last edited:

ChrisABQ07

Since I can't leave well-enough alone...

I just got through installing a 23-inch brace that fits this fender extension. I designed it to fit in front of, or behind, the extension to allow for additional storage - like H2O or fuel. I put a set behind the fenders and left the 7-inch braces in front. I plan to mount my spare tire on the right-rear corner of the bed to take the tire weight off the hitch.

I'll post plans and notes after I add any additional changes that were made during installation.

If anyone wants a set built, send me a PM.
-------------------------------

Overbuilt is just enough!

-------------------------------

Attachments

ChrisABQ07

Here are the plans and notes for the Long Braces for the fender extensions. Since the underbed supports are different between the front and rear of the cargo bed, I had to change some of the bolt hole locations. The first and last holes in the front braces were moved to go between cargo bed floor supports.

If you have questions or trouble viewing them, send me a note.

If you download and use these plans to build your own close to home, please send a $20 donation to either:

www.uso.org

or

www.fisherhouse.org

Thanks,
Chris

7/16 - Swapped files - Removed JPGs replaced with PDFs for better viewing. Updated Fender Notes to reflect installation changes. "Right Click" on the thumbnail you are interested in. When the menu pops up, select "Open Link in New Window". You can either "Open" to view or "Download" to save the file to your computer.

Attachments

Last edited:

DESERT RATS

Hey Guys,

Just want to say that I bought a set of these fender extensions for my M-101A2 and they are awesome. These are very heavy duty. The fabrication and workmanship is incredible. I welded for several years before I entered the Fire Service and I'm a bit of a perfectionist too. I will say this guy is a great fabricator. The packaging was excellent and the shipping was fast. Totally satisfied. They are at my powder-coaters right now. I'll post pictures once they are installed.
Thanks Chris :-D

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks