• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m101a2 brake fluid cap removal

Contactmo

I just got a m101a2 and can't get the brake fluid cap off. It appears as if someone took a pair of pliars or channel locks to it trying to get it off without success. Could anyone provide a pic of what it looks like when the lid comes off? Does it screw off or pop straight off?

Thanks.

John Galt

HA. It made the decision to remove the surge brake assembly that much easier. Only a few drops of fluid were in the entire system. Yes, the cap just screws off.

i-q57Q4nm-M.jpg

DAP

Here is what I did. Remove master cylinder. Blow out loose scale with gentle air (cover your eyes). Also take a small screwdriver and scrape loose what scale you can. Then rinse with mineral spirits but don't pump it. Dump and rinse. You may have to rinse several times before youget clear clean mineral spirits out. Agitate mineral spiries with tongue depressor or something to get it good and clean. Once clean the fill again and pump to flush output. Pump till clear and then dump. Pump dry. Reinstall and fill with brake fluid. I use DOT 5 after I flush the enitre system. Use DOT 3, 4, or 5 - whatever floats your boat.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can always take it off and fill it with Evaporust and let sit over night. Rinse it out and it will look just fine.

Contactmo

Took a pipe wrench to it with some determination and she opened up. It's not so pretty inside :(. I'll clean out as instructed and hope for the best. Thanks!

Mounted a spare and added safety chains today.
Vin stamp and plate from DMV (home made trailer)
Flat 4 for lights installed.

Next up is paint wheels and trailer after I get brakes working.

image.jpg

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks