• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Brake parts and part numbers here

yellowrubicon

Since I couldn't find the information here I thought I would share what I found out to work.
For the surge brake master cylinder use Dorman part number M2796. ABOUT $41 on Amazon.
For the flex line running from the frame to the rear axle use Dorman part number H36965. About $13 on Amazon.
For the brake lines running from the center of the axle out to each wheel cylinder of the axle, get two 3/16 lines each 31 inches long with the fittings already in place. Make sure it is SAE threads. Bend the new lines similarly to the existing lines. Use a 3/8 flare nut wrench for the ends of the brake lines. A standard 3/8 wrench will work but the fittings are brass and prone to rounding off if you put to much torque on them.
Hope this helps someone else.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The part numbers for those, and other brake/Axle/wheel components, have been posted many times.
They are all still readily available from different manufacturers.
A thorough search would have revealed that.

Dorman is a lower quality part.
Buy the best parts you can afford.
You do get what you pay for.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just did a search(on this site) for both of those numbers (dorman xxxxx) and found nothing.

Reactions: art

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok.....and?
The replacement parts for these trailers have been posted in different threads over a dozen times.
I know because I've read all the old threads. Every single one.

The Dorman number didn't show up in your search. It will now since he's posted it.
Most guys stay away from Dorman

A search with other keywords would have pointed to threads with that info,......but you already knew that and wanted to make some point here.
Your usually the first one to say SEARCH!!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree about searching before posting.

My point is, the numbers he posted with the term dorman, do not come up in a search.

If I were to post, the manufacturers name and part number would be the most important things to post for others to find the parts in the future.

Again, nothing came up. Either everyone else posted in incorrect format, or he has. I did not add dashes or spaces to try other options.

yellowrubicon

Sure they are on here but searching for “m101a2 brake parts“ turns up a bunch of posts that are very verbose and not concise. Plus, most posts point to etrailer or some other over priced site for parts. It's just a trailer, not a palace on wheels. I'll take the low cost parts.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree some things don't need the top of the line parts.

However, brake parts, no matter what it's on, get the best parts I can afford.
I never know what I will be hauling and want the brakes to work every time, all the time.
Lifetime warranty means nothing if I have to replace the same part 3 times in a year. Or worse it fails at a critical moment.
Buy OEM or equivalent and it will last for years.

I personally stay far away from Dorman and according to other threads, most other guys do also.
In parts, you usually get what you pay for.

Of course your trailer and install what you want.

art

The part numbers for those, and other brake/Axle/wheel components, have been posted many times.
They are all still readily available from different manufacturers.
A thorough search would have revealed that.

Dorman is a lower quality part.
Buy the best parts you can afford.
You do get what you pay for.
How about a sticky thread on M101 Trailer replacement parts?
So we don’t have to search for hours and people don’t have to ask the same parts questions and get scolded at.
On same line as the key for a CUCV :deadhorse: (which is a sticky)
Thanks!

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is one for the brake shoes and bearings.
Another for the brake levers.

Those are the most commonly requested part numbers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks