• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 delivery & recovery & junk yard

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Started out before the sun came up this morning met SHEPSJEEP down at my barn with his truck and Trailer. We loaded a M101a2 I had picked up last week for Jeff KsM715 . We stopped for coffee and fuel and headed west on I-70 across Kansas. We were going to meet Jeff at the Manhattan exit so he could PU his trailer. I have talked to him for several years on SS and enjoyed his input, but had never met in Person. That"s him by the white truck . Not the best 101 but for the price and what it is to be used for, a bargain. Wind chill was in the single digits so back on the road west to Salina to PU 2 more 101's. Pulled into the lot did quick load up strap down and back on the road to BFR metals to see Glen 91W350 . Just missed Glen but met the owner Dennis and he advised us to be careful and have fun. Down to the south lot, what had been a row of 12 plus trucks and 14 assorted 105 and M101a1 trailers a week ago was now 5 trucks and plies of beds and stacked trucks, crushed and stacked trailers. "He who hesitates has nothing", Still found and got some great parts at great prices. Back to the office paid Glen , sorry no pic, then back East to the house, pulled back up to the barn in the darkness. Will get better pic's of the Disaster command post tomorrow.
As we left the yard we saw the first 4 900.s roll in, looks like I will be heading west again soon.

Attachments

Last edited:

KsM715

Shoot ya it was a bargin. Thanks.

It was nice to finally put a face to some names. To bad it was so windy and cold this morning.

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Here are the rest. The shell is aluminum framed , the roof and tool box top are made of 1/4" aluminum plate. Sides of shell are made out of the laminated board that is used on civi box vans. Has super long safety chains, a 7pin connector and they (USAF) buggered up the wiring harness. I don't know yet but may be the beginnings of a camper project.

Attachments