• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m101a2 Dimensions

scranch18121

Hey Everyone

Great site. Great threads..... and I need some help. Just purchased a m101a2 and it has the 8 lug wheels and tires on it. I still need to pick it up (waiting on my EUC) but need to know what the "outside to outside" measurement is to get it on the trailer I have to get it home. My trailer is 16' long and 6' 6" rail to rail. Will it fit ?

Also purchased a generator and am waiting on my EUC for that too. How long does it take for a first time Battle Creek EUC approval ? (won the item on Dec 18 and GL just sent to BC on January 12.

"Vote them all out"

AaronW

First time EUC's can take 6-8 weeks. I'll go measure my 101A2 or just look at the data plate.

73.5" wide at greatest.------looks like you will be OK
71.3" outer wheel to outer wheel.
147.4" total length.

Last edited:
From the TM9-2330-202-14&P in the resources section:

M101A2, M101A3, AND M116A2
GENERAL​
Angle of Departure .............................................................................................................​
30°
Center of Gravity (Measured from Center of Rear Axle):
Empty..........................................................................................................................45 3/4 in. (116.21 cm)
Loaded........................................................................................................................36 1/4 in. (92.08 cm)
Shipping Volume of Chassis Trailer ...........................................................................213 cu ft (5.96 cu m)
Shipping Volume of Cargo Trailer ..............................................................................520 cu ft (14.56 cu m)

DIMENSIONS​
Overall:
Length ........................................................................................................................147 in. (373.38 cm)
Width .........................................................................................................................73.5 In. (186.69 cm)
Height of Chassis .......................................................................................................35 in. (88.9 cm)
Height of Cargo Trailer (M101A2 and M101A3):
Empty..........................................................................................................................83 in. (210.82 cm)
Loaded........................................................................................................................79 In. (200.66 cm)​
1-14
TM 9-2330-202-14&P
1-15. EQUIPMENT DATA (continued).​
Cargo Body (Old Style):
Length.........................................................................................................................76 in. (193.04 cm)
Width ..........................................................................................................................65.5 in. (166.37 cm)
Height .........................................................................................................................18 in. (45.72 cm)
Tread ..........................................................................................................................72 in. (182.88 cm)
Cargo Body (New Style) (M101A2 and M101A3):
Length.........................................................................................................................100 in. (254 cm)
Width ..........................................................................................................................73.5 in. (186.69 cm)
Height .........................................................................................................................19.84 in. (50.39 cm)​

xiongy

Close. I just measured 23-24" to the middle of the lunette.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I will be bidding on either an m116a2 and/or m101a2. I've read conflicting reports of the lunette height. I've read somewhere else that it's more like 30-36" from the ground?
My hitch is 21-22" from the ground, will it be tall enough to tow the m101a2 home?

Thanks

blybrook

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I will be bidding on either an m116a2 and/or m101a2. I've read conflicting reports of the lunette height. I've read somewhere else that it's more like 30-36" from the ground?
My hitch is 21-22" from the ground, will it be tall enough to tow the m101a2 home?

Thanks
Your hitch will be fine. The trailer may not sit level, but you will not be dragging anything.

xiongy

Thanks, that should save me a few $.
I'd like to have the trailer, "in hand," before I go out to get anything that I may not need.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks