• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Hitch Questions

cbbr

Funny, HF made no mention of that.aua So maybe a plate welded onto both sides to box it in is in order?

quickfarms

Funny, HF made no mention of that.aua So maybe a plate welded onto both sides to box it in is in order?
Flat plate would be good for the pulling and pushing movement but not for the side to movement

The upper receiver tube is not reinforced.

You do not know how thick the wall is for the vertical tube.

Is the actual receiver tube a tube or is it solid. Due to the leverage it should be a solid shank.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I only use the hitch extender on my tractor around the house to move 105s and 101s. I can flip it upside down or right side up to get it level.

I probably would never tow anything in the small receiver on the road for any reason. Emergencies maybe, like towing 16,000lbs home with my Dodge 1500......

I use the flat plate from Tractor Supply to have vertical adjustment.

cbbr

Flat plate would be good for the pulling and pushing movement but not for the side to movement

The upper receiver tube is not reinforced.

You do not know how thick the wall is for the vertical tube.

Is the actual receiver tube a tube or is it solid. Due to the leverage it should be a solid shank.
Hollow, of course. I could fill it by welding in a plug, but that defeats the "simple" aspect. Thanks goodness for sales and HF coupons - I don't have much in it.

It was in the description.

Two receiver tubes let you tow a trailer and still bring your hitch-mount bike rack!
No description, just a sticker on top with a 400/4000lb limit.

I only use the hitch extender on my tractor around the house to move 105s and 101s. I can flip it upside down or right side up to get it level.

I probably would never tow anything in the small receiver on the road for any reason. Emergencies maybe, like towing 16,000lbs home with my Dodge 1500......

I use the flat plate from Tractor Supply to have vertical adjustment.
Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks