• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Lights - LED Conversion?

TexasFJ

I've stripped my M101A2 down to the bare components. I may cut the rear C channel and insert some oval 6" LED's, or more likely do some flush mounts, but before I do that I was thinking about retrofitting the military housings with some LED's.

I removed the wiring harness as it was a little shabby but I'm going to use the connectors at the rear, if I use the military lights, and then install new wire going forward. No brakes, just a flat 4 plug.

I've searched around on here and Google but am not getting anywhere. Trying to keep costs reasonable, 6" LEDs are about $18 each but I'd like to keep the military lights.. just with LEDs. Worst case I can get the 12V bulbs from the store and go that route as well.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

nattieleather

You're most likely going to pay more for the military LED lights than $18.00. Are you talking about the large rear tail lights on the trailer or the older "cat eye" style light. I would think with some inginuity one should be able to convert either one of those lights to LED. Now if you want to keep it all military and have the advantage of LED then I would say spend the money and just get the military LEDs and bolt them up.

bshupe

I havent seen any OTS conversions but there are plenty of places now that sell bulk LEDs and if you are even remotely handy with a soldering iron you could make your own conversions. You can also get "strip" LEDs and just mount them to a backer and put it inside the lens, apply power and you're done. Do a search on youtube for LED taillight conversions and you will find plenty of people out there doing it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks