• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 master cylinder res cap. Is there a low profile cap out there?

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Pinzgauer door is going to be real close to hitting the M101A2 master cylinder res cap and hoping someone here know of a lower profile cap that will work. The stock cap is about 1 3/4" tall and things would go much easier if I just had a near flush cap. I am installing an height adjustable lunette setup this weekend.

Thanks Guys,

Mark

Master-Cap.jpg

20130816_185821.jpg

$(KGrHqV,!lEFHVrvuez+BR5vTQIJm!~~60_12.jpg

20130816_181923.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The other style cap is much smaller, but has a large loop of the top of it. Not sure there would be much height difference. I will try to get a pic tomorrow.

MarkM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, Will the the style cap in the pic below screw into the master? If so that will definitely help. If it does fit does anyone here have one they would sell me?

Thanks,

Mark

maeter cap.jpg

MarkM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you that will greatly help. Now I just need to find that cap. Anyone have a part number for it? I will look online for it. Thank you again,

Mark

MarkM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The military unit is not as the larger chamber allows the buffer for the compression. The civilian unit has a small hole in the side of the square lug to vent.

Mark

MarkM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found the cap I was looking for. They can be had by ordering a cap for a 60ish CJ-5 but I got one for a 52-59 Ford and it fit like a glove. The cap lowered down will give me more room for the rear door opening on the Pinzguer.

Cheers !

20130823_114820.jpg20130823_114825.jpg

20130821_173049.jpg

DAP

Did you order online? I am looking for a link as I need two of them. My M37 tailgate keeps whacking the big bubble that sticks up as the expansion chamber. Message me of line if the rules ban giving a URL for all to see. Thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks