• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Padeye

niferous

Are these things one piece? Mine broke and I'm not sure if the threads are part of the padeye or if they thread into it. If it is a solid piece where do I get a replacement?

niferous

Sorry forgot to attach it and also to better describe it. It's been a hectic night. It's what is on the front of the trailer and the bolt passes through to secure the trailer and keeps it from dumping.

Attachments

KsM715

I believe it is bolted on from the backside (bolt threads into it) I have the TM for that trailer let me see if I can find it.

Edit: Scratch that, according to the tm it has threads on the padeye and a nut holds it to the frame.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not drill it out and re-tap it?

jimbob1111

Hi,
Two of my trailers have a pad eye welded back on. Grind everything down to clean metal, reassemble and weld it back on. I broke one putting it back on after drilling the hole a little bigger to make it easier to get the pin back in. The other one welded on is a previous military repair. I have no idea how long ago it was done, it's a M101A1 and it has been that way a LONG time & held up fine.

HMFG