• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Park Brake Question

txm37

My M116A2 I purchased from GL last year came to me with out the parking brake levers. I have since modified some civillian dodge parking brake levers to work for now but I would like to find the correct ones. So I have two questions. 1) Does any one know where I can get a set? 2) I found some brake levers for a M335 trailer but the part # is different and they do not appear to have the pully used for the M116/101. Will they work?

Any help or leads will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

blybrook

When I purchased parking brake cables recently for my 101A2's, I utilized Saturn Surplus and they also had the levers listed as well (however I just checked and they are listed as sold out).

Check some of the other vendors to see if they have them available. Don't know where else to get them unless someone has parted one out and have the parts listed in the classified section.

txm37

Thanks. I have seen saturn surplus' listing. When did you order your cables? I ordered from them back in March and the brake levers showed sold out then.

blybrook

I believe I ordered the cables late March, early April but I don't recall if they were listed as sold out then or not. The cables ended up being too long and I had to modify the mounting procedure to get them to work.

txm37

Thanks for the info. The cables I ordered seemed long too but I just thought it was due to my using modified civilian dodge park brake handles.

blybrook

If you ordered the cables as shown on Saturn Surplus per the TM numbers, they are too long at the handle end to attach to the stock location by about 3". I'll get a couple photos of what I've done on mine to make them work. Should be able to get those taken tonight when I get home.

Edit: Here is a picture of what I did to make the cable work. I have since picked up longer bolts and some shim stock to bring the cable back out to center line of the handle. That is one of this weekends projects. The spacer in the handle is currently 1" PVC sch 40 pipe, but is being replaced with some steel pipe as the PVC will deteriorate and disappear during winter use.

Attachments

Last edited:

art

Thank you, I was planing to do it the same way,but I like the way you crossed the cables, that way the cables would stay in the pulley and less chance of binding.
also I drilled 1" (to the front of the trailer) away from the hole in the frame.

If you look in the parts manual the correct length for the M101a2 is the E. Brake cable that is 69" but the 74" can be modified to work.

1 PAOZZ 2530011687906 19207 11686101 CABLE AND CONDUIT A 69 INCHES LONG. 1 UOC:CT1,SPR,TC1,258,263

1 PAOZZ 2530014298346 92867 15641501 CABLE AND CONDUIT A 74 INCHES LONG. 1 UOC:CT1,TC1

1 PAOZZ 2530009676278 92867 15785800 CONTROL ASSEMBLY, PU HAND BRAKE..... 2. UOC:257,646

Last edited:

McGuyver

Has anyone found a source to get the proper part number in the correct length for the M101A2?

(1 PAOZZ 2530011687906 19207 11686101 CABLE AND CONDUIT A 69 INCHES LONG. 1 UOC:CT1,SPR,TC1,258,263)

Or have you figured out how to shorten the cable sold by Saturn Surplus to the correct length?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks