• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Post recovery questions

DUHON

Well I got my two M101A2 home. They were both reworked in 2009. You can still smell that sweet CARC paint. Recovery went well. Only thing I ran into was the short safety chains. A trip to lowes fixed that right up. So I have a couple of questions.

1. How hard should it be to move the lunette to engage the brakes. On one trailer I cant seem to push it in and on the other i can move it when i push real hard. Neither trailer bucked when pulling.

2. They both have the A3 leg that cranks up and down. One is missing that crank handle. Where could I find one of those?

I plan to sell one to get my money back. I am looking for some sides, bows and a tarp also.

EUC took about six weeks.....first time.

Thanks!!

Attachments

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I tested my surge brakes by putting a pipe wrench on the master cyl "hinges" and pushed while a wheel was jacked up in the air. You don't want the brakes to work TOO well with no load in there. They should need some weight to make them work. Thats why the mechanical advantage of the pipe wrench was needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks