• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Rcovery Hodges SC

texwatercop

OK,
Got up at 0-dark-thirty to drive my tired butt 6.6 hoours down to Hodges for a 1PM pickup. I hate GPS's by the way...they program the stupid things to go THROUGH every podunk town there is between you and your destination! After being issued a warning for speeding, HMM GPS said 68, speedo said 60... cop said wheres yourseatbelt! Honest, I WAS wearing it, but needed to get my wallet outta my pocket......
SO I arrive there about 30 mins before my appointment and just hang out for a few until they returned from lunch. I met up with 2 ARNG folks and we went over the trailer.
Lights are in one piece, landing gear intact AND functional, CARC was reapplied in 2005 as well as the trailer being updated. The paint is peeling on the bed in a few spots, but I plan to paint it to match my Jeep anyway later and most likely rhino line the bed.
SO.... we hooked her up and BAM.. my receiver pin was broken (sigh) and my son borrowed my spare from glovebox instead of going into the garage and getting one of the 6 others we have. HEY, if it all goes well then somethings wrong and no blood had been sacrificed yet. So we rumage around and they are able to fine me a bolt so I was able to get into the autoparts store 5 miles away and get a new one.

The trip home was pretty uneventful, the trailer tracked well, bearings stayed cool as well as the tires. I had to down**** to 5th gear for a few long hills but for the most part I was able to maintain 60-65 the entire trip with the wrangler. I used magnetic lights and taped the crap out of them to make sure they didnt blow away and they didnt move the entire trip. They did however, have a mind of their own when it came to functioning. I checked em twice and they all worked, but when driving one of the blinkers and brake lights on one side decided to work when they felt like it. I guess its a ground issue, but im going to wire up the installed lights in a few weeks anyway, so no biggy.
I mist say that these trsilers travel well and corner like they are on rails, no wandering at all.
They are expecting a bunch more 101's as well as vehicles. They had several HMMWV's there if anyones looking for one for their PD or FD.

EnteJager

You do know that you can change the GPS setting, they can be set for shortest route (which will take you through small towns and take the longest), quickest route ( usually a couple more miles added to trip but highway speeds), traffic avoidance ect.

texwatercop

yeah, i know, but since everythings a highway now.... so they get federal funds to maintain em.... and its still a podunk 2 lane highway with nowhere to pass the farm tractors or granny who cant see over the steering wheel.
And I have it set for fastest always, the funny thing is... it never goes the same way twice!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks