• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 to M1102 size comparison

Pawnshop

I decided to move my surplus barracks rack from my M101A2 to my newly acquired M1102 and shot some side by side photos for a size comparison. The M1102 is only slightly wider overall than the M101A2 but the tub is a LOT wider. The M101A2 is almost a foot longer overall than the M1102. The M1102 is a LOT taller, I am 6'3" in boots and can ALMOST stand up straight in the M1102, bent over 90deg at the waist in the M101A2 my back rubs the bows. My rack only fit in the M101A2 lengthwise and took up almost 2/3 of the floor space pushed flush against the wall, and there was almost a foot of tail space at the foot. In the M1102 the rack fit lengthwise with almost no space left at the foot but more than half of the floor space unused, if the rack was 5" shorter I could slide it flush against the side wall and gain another 6" of floor space but the corner braces were in the way. After some careful measuring I determined the rack would fit crosswise and give me much more usable space. After some cussing and shoehorn application I got it in there, without removing the bows and their mounts (thought I was going to have to for a bit), at one point I realized the heads of the rivets holding the fender wells in were binding me up (it was THAT tight). The corner braces keep the rack from resting against the front bed wall but that's OK, it makes it easier to load stuff from the front. I really like the new space but final approval is pending a night spent onboard")

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Time to paint the 1028 3 Color Camo to match? I think I'll have a lot more floor space in the 923 at Mabry and Temple and may just go with the Queen size air mattress this time.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AIR MATTRESS??? I have a real (though smaller) mattress...
Well I could go with a Queen size waterbed if I wanted but it's a lot tougher getting it in and out of the cargo area. With the air mattress I can store it behind the seat and still have room for the dance floor.

John Galt

Nice comparison. Going to pick up an 1102 next week and looking forward to comparing it with my current 101A3.

Looks like a nice retreat you have set up. If I thought the tarp would survive TX freeway speeds, I would set up my trailer in a similar way. Looks like the ammo can and fender are close to the same height.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks