• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Tongue Jack Shortening

thisbenguy

Has anyone shortened their retractable tongue jack, or disassembled one so I could see if it’s possible.

I will be removing the hydraulic system and mounted a channeled lunette ring to the front, lowering the ring several inches. My goal is be able to open the back gate on my Jeep, at least part way.

I mocked everything up today and it doesn’t look as though there will be enough clearance for the tongue jack to rotate down fully.

I know some have replaced with aftermarket jacks, but I am a big fan of the oem version and changing it would be a last resort.

Has anyone shortened it before or taken it apart so i could see if it possible. Thanks.IMG_5991.png

Last edited:

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much work do you want to put into it and how much shorter are you talking about? If you disassemble the jack, you will probably have to shorten the outside tube, the inside tube and the screw that moves it up and down. If you don't mind the fab work, it can be done.

thisbenguy

How much work do you want to put into it and how much shorter are you talking about? If you disassemble the jack, you will probably have to shorten the outside tube, the inside tube and the screw that moves it up and down. If you don't mind the fab work, it can be done.
I figured I would have to shorten the exterior sleeve, the interior portion, and whatever screw mechanism is inside. There is probably a bearing a the bottom that the screw or whatever ever rotates in inside. I’d imagine taking a few inches off of each would work.

The TMs didn’t have an exploded diagram, so I was hoping someone had disassembled one for repair.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks