• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Trailer Cover

Gunner USN

Ok question for all of the Motor Pool Sergeants or Transportation Officers. Just place my plastic trap on my trailer found very small planetarium looking from the inside out. Is there an after market product to patch these holes?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok question for all of the Motor Pool Sergeants or Transportation Officers. Just place my plastic trap on my trailer found very small planetarium looking from the inside out. Is there an after market product to patch these holes?
One of my trailers had small pin holes repaired from within with the green 100mph duct tape stuff straight from military. It worked great and I found someone who sold the real stuff pricey but I bought a roll and use it for repairs on all my covers.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tentage repair kits usually have stuff for that. Tent adhesive and tarp material makes for a durable repair.

SgtMoonracer

I used a roll of awning repair tape, cut out circular patches, and put one on the inside and one on the outside. Seems to be working well. If I recall correctly, I got it at Wal-Mart in the R.V. section.

CGarbee

Tim at the OldGrouch Surplus in Clyde, NC, sells sheets of self adhesive parachute repair material at a great price...
Stuff works great on this sort of repair (ask me how I know... ). :)

http://store.oldgrouch.biz/mipareadrima.html

For bigger repairs, he sells the Speedy Stitcher for the lowest price that I have been able to find...
http://store.oldgrouch.biz/spstseawlkia.html

Not affiliated with the guy or his firm except to say that I have spent lots of money at the shop over the years...and that Tim gave me my first beer at the first MV Rally I ever attended...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks