• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 trailer light question

12vman

went out this afternoon to rewire a A2 that I have. All the harnesses were cut up so I pulled all the wiring out just leaving the two tail lamps and their wiring. Changed the bulbs like I have many others and bought a brand new 4 pin system...pretty much replacing all the wiring except the tail lights.

Got everything hooked up w/ both the taillamp and stop/lt turn and rt turn connected correctly......attached the white ground to the trailer frame grinding down to bare metal to make a good ground.

when I tested it the tail lamps(running lights) work on both sides and the lt turn signal/stop works perfectly but the rt turn signal and stop doesnt work

Its not the bulb... I switched it out w/ the lt one and it still didnt light up...monkeyed around w/ the connection and grinded down to metal the tail lamp bracket just to make sure it was getting a good ground too

Still no dice....these are the lamps that use the 97 and the 1156 bulbs and have the blackout lights at the bottom

Could the bulb not be getting juice somewhere inside the taillamp?

Advice?

thanks!!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be advised that one of the bulbs grounds through one mounting bolt and the other grounds through the other mounting bolt. Ensure that both are well grounded.

Test lights are a blessing.

steelandcanvas

Don't use the hitch for a ground path to the vehicle. Run a dedicated ground wire from the tow vehicle through your connector to the trailer. It might not be your problem now, but it will in the future.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks