• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101a2 trailer modifications I've done

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I think I posted pics of adding E-track to my one trailer in another thread, but I will post the pics here too. One of the biggest improvements I've done is adding the E-track. I now have infinite strapping points for any cargo I might load. When mounting the track, I also put boxed aluminum tubing I had sitting around under the top rolled edge of the trailer. This stiffened the edges considerably, I can now use come-a-longs to pull loads in to the trailer, or sideways if needing to pack more stuff in the bed.

I just recently got some tailgate racks for a great price and decided to replace the ones on my tan trailer that were bent to heck and back. It really makes the trailer look nice! I decided that since I use my trailers so much, I would add a set of gates to the front side where the "A" frame is. Yes I can swing that long gate open, but often it hits the tailgate on my truck. Not real happy when it does that.

I also have a Ruger Industries crane I will be adding to the trailer somewhere. I have not got that one figured out yet, so here are some pics of what I've done so far.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I decided that since I use my trailers so much, I would add a set of gates to the front side where the "A" frame is.
Another great idea, where do you get them all from?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good Tater. I need to find material to reinforce the front lip of my M101A3E1. It's been tweaked a time or two too many. I dumped the HMMWV rubber for stock CUCV stuff. Works great.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I got them from Kipman. He should have a classified up soon. I might have some going to the Ga rally too.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, he needs them when he is drinking. To warn him about crushing his fingers.........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks