• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101a2 trailer wheel choices???

hedgehog69

I have a M101a2 trailer. I hate split rims...and not concerned with keeping it original. I want to get rid of the split rims...and I want smaller diameter wheels and tires. I think they are 21" tires now...just from memory.

Has anyone swapped out the wheels on one of these trailers? If so...what rims will fit? One of my other objectives is to lower the height of the trailer, hoping I can get it to ride more level. I thought about reworking the hitch, but if I can avoid that, the better. Smaller diameter tires should help that a lot.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M101a2 do not have split rims (nor do most MVs or MVtrailers).

You should have standard 8 bolt 16" rims on an M101a2.

Level with what? What are you towing with?

Ripcord01

I have a M101a2 trailer. I hate split rims...and not concerned with keeping it original. I want to get rid of the split rims...and I want smaller diameter wheels and tires. I think they are 21" tires now...just from memory.

Has anyone swapped out the wheels on one of these trailers? If so...what rims will fit? One of my other objectives is to lower the height of the trailer, hoping I can get it to ride more level. I thought about reworking the hitch, but if I can avoid that, the better. Smaller diameter tires should help that a lot.
nopicsso we can guide you!

hedgehog69

M101a2 do not have split rims (nor do most MVs or MVtrailers).

You should have standard 8 bolt 16" rims on an M101a2.

Level with what? What are you towing with?
I'll get down the the other garage tomorrow and get a positive model #. It is the 1 1/2t trailer. I know I know it has split rims.

I am pulling it with a 99 Ford F250SD 4x4...powerstroke fueled by 100% homebrew biodiesel...soon to be blending in some WMO. I know that info unimportamt for this subject...just blowing my horn a bit :grin:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A 1 1/2 ton is a M105
the M101A2 is a 3/4 ton.

Now if a M105 takes the same as a rim Deuce you have some options.
ODDAVE has some 16 x 6 one piece rims that will fit a deuce hub (without brake drum)

Oldsouthernboy

I am planning a a m105 trailer soon, I will drop the that big heavy front stand off, add a fold up screw jack stand, take off the axles and tires. I will have added a 7,000 trailer axle with brakes, and have the axle set up for the 8 lug chevy wheel. I will tow it with my M1028.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks