• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 wheel studs

McGuyver

I have a couple of studs that need to be replaced on my M101A2 axle. The technical manual TM 9-2330-202-14&P calls this out:

ITEM SMR CODE NSN CAGEC PART NUMBER DESCRIPTION QTY
10 PAOZZ 5306012376844 19207 12354223 BOLT,RIBBED SHOULDE................. 8

UOC:CT1,SPR,TC1,258,263

I have new studs with "19207 12354223" marked on the head, they are the ribbed style with a shoulder, just as the description calls out. However, they don't match what's currently on the axle. The axle has dual threaded studs with 5/8-11 X 13/16" L threads on the hub end, and 9/16-18 X 1.25"L threads on the wheel side. Anybody know what's going on? Do I have an older style configuration that isn't in the TM anymore? Anybody know what the part number is for the dual threaded studs that I currently have, or where I can source them?

Thanks in advance.

McGuyver

On the left is the part number out of the TM. On the right is one of the studs from the axle:

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
studly.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post pictures directly to thread if you would.
That link will go dead at some point and not help anyone.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one on the left in the pic are what both my M101A2's have.

Never seen a threaded wheel stud like that before on a M101A2 trailer

Worse case is to replace the hub.

John Galt

I stud on the left was missing from an A2 I worked on. Was not able to locate one....If you decided you want to sell them, let me know. Good luck with your search.

McGuyver

I stud on the left was missing from an A2 I worked on. Was not able to locate one....If you decided you want to sell them, let me know. Good luck with your search.
Not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I'll keep you in mind.

McGuyver

Not a problem. I found a local source that would work, they're just not an exact match (a little longer OAL, and longer unthreaded section). I'd still like to find a closer match if I can, but what I have right now will work.
Like I said before, the studs you gave me have the correct numbers on the head that match the TM. This axle just must be an older version before those were used. I could retrofit the hubs to use them if I wanted to.

Last edited:

gbomb50

Does anyone know of a source for the press in wheel studs?
I recently acquired an M101a2 that is missing two studs and I haven't had any luck searching.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pop an old one out.
What is the stamping on the head? Usually letters/numbers.
Axles are dexter. Studs are common at a trailer parts place like e trailer/croft or old school real parts store like Napa.

Earlier reference to a double threaded stud was some odd ball hub or most likely a Bubba engineered repair. Wheel Studs are pressed in for a safety reason so they can not spin out.

gbomb50

My studs are marked with the letters D B M.
I've searched Croft, Etrailer and several other online trailer stores. Everything has a larger diameter splined section.
I'll take one to the main Napa warehouse here to see if I have any luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks