• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Wiring Question

I am switching out my trailer lights from civilian lights back to the military setup. I have the light mounted and plugged in. I am at the point of plugging the Intervehicular Cable with the Chassis Wiring Harness. I have plugged the wires in like below.

22-460 --> 22-460
23 --> 23
21 --> 21
24-483 --> 24-483
24-461 --> 24-461
24-484 --> 24-484
90A --> bolted to the inside of the drawbar.

I'm trying to figure out where plug 37 connects to. The wiring diagram shows it connecting to 37. I don't see a 37 coming from the back of the trailer. I tried to find this wire in the TM but can't seem to pin point this one. I also tried searching but got posts about going from military to civilian.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the list of military wire numbers, 37 is listed as "Outlet Socket".

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
In the list of military wire numbers, 37 is listed as "Outlet Socket".
Is this "list of military wire numbers" universal to all vehicles/trailers?

This is a very timely thread as I need to add a license plate light to my 101

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
37 is not used. If you goto the porch plug on a semi trailer, this number will have power all the time. Carry on without it.

I got the trailer lights wired up and have a small problem. The left and right turn signals work, the brake lights work and the running lights work. The problem I have is if the running lights are on or the brake light is on and I turn a turn signal on both the left and right lights blink. I have checked the ground and the connections. Anyone seen anything like this?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Odds are very good that you still have a ground issue. Bothbolt in each tail light nead clean grounds. Paint piercing washer work best if you have them.

glassk

Also the grounding straps inside the lights may not make contact with the housing or could be broken,... the plates are on rubber so the sockets are grounded with straps

lights.JPG

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks