• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101a2

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New Guy Needs Help!!!!!!! Just purchased and refurbished M101A2, need hand brakes and would like racks and canvas, any suggestions.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
RJM27 search the classifieds here on S S first them you might want to look at some of the folks that advertise here. Look around you`ll find what you need .

JB

Look for Beltfed34 on Ebay he has a lot of different brake handles listed. Some look close to the kind needed on M101 rtailers and may work.

Last edited:

bombtech

M101A2 sides and tops

I have 3 of these trailers right now and many more in the past. I would like to offer a few suggestions; be very careful buying the brake handles, many pieces of military equipment use SIMILAR handles and I have a box of close but not quites to prove it!, Spend the extra time to find a set of the fiberglass side racks verse the old wood ones, whether for show or use, you will be much happier, same for the new style tops from GMA they are a good product and NOS canvas is hard to come by these days and alot heavier. Good hunting
cheers

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
bombtech Thanks for the input. Yep I already have 2-brand new brake handles that will probably stay that way for a long time.
Bob.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have the NSN? I have an NOS handle but compared to my M116A2 it's about 4" shorter. Same with my M101A1. I don't know if the A2 and A3 had different handles or they were all the same.

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
mkcoen; nope no nsn #, still trying to locate an accurate manual with all the part #
Thanks for the help.
bob.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the NSN on my spare: 192078365663

and the manufacturing code is: 30396

If you find any info that suggests you can use it PM me.

MIhunter

I am getting ready to do an axle conversion on my M101A1. I will have a couple brake handles that will be coming off and they are in exc shape. If your interested, let me know

elkay12

check out ebay / i also am looking a different tarp / check out chicago_canvas on ebay
they have extra heavy duty tarp that are water proof / you could buy the size you need and then take it to a local awning and tent shop and have them saw it to your spec / if you go this wrought / i can measure mine and let you know or you could bing-it for spec's