• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A3 Landing Gear Crank-Handle Dimension Request

VenomInjected

Hey guys,

My M101A2 came with an A3 front landing gear...

It did NOT come with the crank handle though....

Due to my field of work (mech engineering), I have access to a full fab shop (CNC Verts, Horiz, CNC mills and SM breaks)

I really don't want to pay $50+ for a surplus crank handle when I can just quick fab one.

Can anyone measure one up for me.... dimensions needed:

Crank Tube Inner/Outer diameter.
Each tube length (both crank tube and handle tube)

Dimension of crank tube to handle tube (center to center)

Thickness of flat stock.

I'd like to make mine original as possible and be able to pin chain it back to the landing gear.

This is what I'm trying to re-create....

s-l300.jpg

Or I might just buy this from E-trailer and be done with it for $16
87891_500.jpg

Last edited:

SgtMoonracer

My E-trailer one tended to hit the A frame. It has left a scrape mark down across the paint, and in trying to kind of crank it at an angle, has opened up the end a bit. I knocked out the pin and re-drilled a hole as far out on the rod stock as I could. It helped a little. I've been using a socket that fits over the roll pin on the landing gear and a cordless drill... worked like a charm until the drill died (unrelated to the cranking of the landing leg).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks