• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m101a3 landing leg handle

rogerm101a2

hello,
looking for a landing leg crank handle for a m101a3. If you have any ideas please let me know. thank you

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
For Sale Ads and/or Want Ads are NOT allowed to be posted in the forums. Please use the Classified Ads!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a fuel tank and i need some landing leggs too but dang they are not cheap some guys want the leggs i walk on forremaua2cents:cookoo::driver:
I bought one from CUCVFAN. It was not cheap...although I thought the price was fair for an NOS crank up landing leg...but it is very useful. I use my M101 to haul firewood regularly, which means the trailer usually has a lot of weight on it. The crank up landing leg makes hooking up a breeze. Again, for me, it is well worth the extra money to make the trailer more useable. Now, if someone just hauls their trailer to a show and does not really use it, the extra money for the crank up landing leg is not worth it.

number9

If you search posts by me, somewhere I posted pics with a tape measure on mine for someone. I made one out of flat stock and a section of black iron pipe from Lowes, was easy and cheap.

tbone1004

sorry to rehash this, but I'm about to get a 101a3 landing leg sans handle and since I won't have access to a welder for the near future I thought that this may work. No idea how much force is required to turn these suckers, but here goes.
Grind out a notch in an impact socket and turn it with something like this
Northern Industrial Speed Wrench — 1/2in. Drive | Ratchets Handles| Northern Tool + Equipment

I have a much heavier duty version than that, but couldn't find it online. Would that give me enough torque to get it down or no?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know what the effect of the impact would be on the gears. A decent cordless drill in low gear might work too. Someone was selling repops on an auction website a while back.

tbone1004

I wasn't saying to use an actual drill/gun, just use the impact socket since they tend to be a bit heavier duty than normal sockets and to use the speed crank to turn it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks