• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A3 trailer, 5,000 lbs loaded. how much has anyone put on the trailler

snider

I have been putting my M101A3 trailer to use lately hauling gravel for the driveway. The trip to the quarry is a 40 mile round trip. I have been hauling 2 tons of gravel with ease but this last trip the loader was a bit off. I told them 2 tons but when I pulled up on the scales and he had put 5,000 lbs on the trailer. the trailer was down on the bump stops. not sitting too hard but still overloaded. LOL... so on the way back I just took it a bit slower and watched out for bumps and rough roads.. I made it home with now issues. I am surprised on how well the surge brakes work even over loaded. stopping was still smooth and didn't push

m101a3 1.jpg

m101a3 2.jpg

20180406_114645.jpg

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Overbuilt is an understatement!

I have hauled two tons of gravel no sweat.
Surge brakes were wonderful and flawless.

My brother once loaded my tan M101A2 with at least 3 tons of damp dirt.
Springs down on stops hard.
Just stayed on ranch and drove around filling rabbit/coyote holes until all gone.
Nothing bent, broke or busted.
Amazing trailers for sure!!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Ive hauled a multifuel motor in a can in an a2 and it did it, but didn't like it. The a3 didnt even scoff.

DeadParrot

Wow 5k... will the 1101 do this you think? What will the 105 handle 10k?
The only difference between the M1101 and M1102 is a data plate. The 1101 is plated as 3400lbs and the 1102 is plated as 4200. The plate received depended on the tow rating of the vehicle the trailer was ordered for. I know the axle on my 1101 is marked as a 4200lb axle.

Don't know if the 110x series is as overbuilt as the 10x series.

truck1

I've hauled 45 - 80lb. sacks of ready mix in my M101a2 with lumber on top on a horrible dirt road ,no problem. They are awesome trailers for sure . Wish I had an a3 so a sheet of plywood would fit on the bed. I think I'll widen the wheel wells.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks