• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101Ax lumber quest

i8boots

Hello all,

I don't know why it's bothering me so much, but in my quest to make new lumber for my M101 racks I came across a lumber yard in the Midwest that sold complete (cut and drilled) lumber kits for these trailers. I can't find the place now no matter how hard I search and was hoping someone here knows what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

Boots

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Joshuak for the bump. Yes I do have kits.

The one thing you could do to save on shipping is find a local saw mill. They can make these for you. Will probably cost more than mine given they are going to charge you for the oak and my oak is coming off my property. Just giving everyone options.

These could be shipped via Fastenal, have to build a crate around them but i bet shipping would be under 100 anywhere in US.

i8boots

What kind of oak do you use and how long is it dried? I don't know if that's a weird question or not, I'm just noticing that all of my screws (after very little trailer use) are coming lose due to my Cedar boards shrinking/drying. I assume it's because I was using fresh cedar and not aged or properly dried cedar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks