• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1022 dolly pickup needed Fort Meade MD

bepositive

Greetings Looking to get the M1022 dolly off Forte Mead to somewhere I can pickup on weekends . Auction awarded Friday so have some time. Is their good advice on Tire service open on weekends around Fort Meade ? If someone has moved similar equipment a few questions .What would be the best option to get the 1022 dolly 115 miles to Orange Virginia ? Road condition uncertain as with any auction piece so I was thinking deckover trailer. If roadworthy ( being towed no container ) what is proper bridge access to cross the Potomac river ? Thanks for any ( good / bad ) input ! Shane

Moving your new toy

I bought one there.
The tire that is low appears to not be flat. There is air available across the street from that drmo. When you go out the gate at 77 rock av. there is a gas station just to your right. The little shack has air.

I am near fairfax circle. I could move it to this area. Where are you? I occasionally go to Warrenton.
Air the tires up tight and be sure the front tires are not "toed in". They usually are.

e

bepositive

Bob USNR- I would be grateful ( plus all costs plus beer and pizza etc. ) if you could get the M 1022 . I am in southernmost orange county. Made a deal for a deckover trailer yesterday. If things go well ( new to me trailer needs inspection ) , I could come up on this or next weekend to trailer the M 1022 . Talked to " CJ " at GL yesterday , he said tires are good and unit rolls . I would be at great advantage seeing you with the M 1022 since you own / have owned one . I have no experience with the dolly , maybe you could give me a quick operator class until I can source a manual . This would be better than I could have hoped for . Thanks, Shane

I will be out of town from next tue. till the following wed.
Unless you get your EUC back real soon there should not be a scheduling prob.
Justin may be able to work with you on that anyhow.

I don't have any mil manuals on this unit.
I have meddled with mine and think I have the operation figured out. I have the wheel gadgets that are used to move the halves after they are seperated.
If I remember correctly these things weigh about a ton... or two.
You have a lot of plumbing to repair.
I have sent the manufacturer, Gitchner, in Texas, several emails about buying parts... No answer at all.

Bring your camera!
e

bepositive

Actually there was no EUC . That is where my issue occured . This is my second purchase. I missed the lack of " EUC required " and was suprised with the immedeat pickup Email showed Friday midday . My first GL purchase for trailer was 3 month wait. So my 10 days have Veterans day , Thanksgiving and day after Thanksgiving all no pickup days. I assume they extend pickup to allow for closed days . I will call tommorrow to see . Will bring camera and notepad if we can get together . Could this work for you ? Thanks Shane

bepositive

To armadillofz1 . If you need to use it for the weekend that would be fine with me . GL person says dolly " moves good " but have not seen the M1022 live so check tires ( pressure looks low on one picture ) lines etc . I just need to be able to pick the M1022 up on a weekend . Have you used a M1022 before ? Email or PM a phone number . Shane

I did bid against you. But I previewed it first.

Your unit will not be useable for a while. The hydraulic lines from the jacking pumps are rusted out. The hydraulic cylinders will need to be removed and cleaned as they are very rusty.
It appears it was being repaired, with non OEM parts, when the military decided to junk it.

e

Last edited:

bepositive

Hey Bob looks like Communication breakdown . Tried your phone without success . Please contact me so I can pick the M1022 . Hope worst part of trip was NOVA traffic . Thanks Shane

bepositive

Thanks to Bob for covering my planning mistake ! And great M1022 short training course . Trailered my newest army green toy home without mishap . Puzzeled looks of peoples faces bonus part of trip. Guess not many of these seen on road ! Shane

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
nopics
Thanks to Bob for covering my planning mistake ! And great M1022 short training course . Trailered my newest army green toy home without mishap . Puzzeled looks of peoples faces bonus part of trip. Guess not many of these seen on road ! Shane