• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1025A2's who bought one of the 8

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what i have been seeing, they were all rebuilt between 04 and 08. So far all have the non turbo 6.5's. I might try to pick another one up too! Let's keep this between us! Lol! I have been waiting 3 weeks so far for the EUC to clear so I can go get it though. Chomping at the bit a little.

Crapgame

Lionel, any luck on your Lot?

Feb 14th I get an email from Liquidation telling me to disregard the previous email, they were trigger happy with the pick up notice.
Feb 15th I get another email from Liquidation telling me one or more of my transactions at one or more of their warehouses was aging 7+ days with no arrangements for pickup. This was after I checked with EUC on Feb 1st after passing 60 days on the corrected EUC form, done 2 weeks after the Lot 38 was paid.

Then on Feb 20th I get another email from Go-Dove blaming the delay for the EUC on the government shutdown, that all were submitted promptly (EUC fixed Nov 27th, shutdown didn't occur until Dec 22nd) Saint's Lot 74 was paid for and submitted prior to the shutdown, too.

Crapgame

I got one in this round. I was trying hard to get them to drop the reserve for the non running ones to no avail.
They have an extremely unrealistic idea in fair civilian market expenses involved with getting one running, you can't just order a new M1151 or M1114 body harness through Bn Maintenance. To me, $1000 savings isn't worth the risk.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was told euc approval would be by the end of this month. (I know better). Then I get an email that I haven't submitted my Euc yet. Then they found it, but I needed to correct something. Its a good thing I'm a patient person.

Last edited:

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, incredibly, they said they still don't have my EUC. Sent it again this morning. I should pick the truck up around this time next year I'm guessing.

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im still waiting, I sent my euc both fax and email. Its been a month so far. I never though I would be itching so bad to get my hands on a hummer. I hope this suspension is worth it.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the guys in the business for a long time told me that to buy that setup from Rod Hall directly was close to 10k. I spoke to Chall Hall about it and he said they still support it.

Crapgame

I've been checking on Liquidations but found no new GMV event. But, seems they ran 10 trucks on govdeals.com ending 6th and another event going ending around 13th. I tried to find the closing bids but they have already been taking down.

Day 100 G-D EUC......

Did anybody here get the G-D auction truck with the turbo engine in December? I was curious if that truck had the roof drilled for handrails?

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
number 7.jpg
Did anybody here get the G-D auction truck with the turbo engine in December? I was curious if that truck had the roof drilled for handrails?
It did not have holes drilled. Looked at this one in person. No start and the wiring was kinda hacked. It looks to have run at some point, the pulleys were shiny.

Crapgame

View attachment 757638
It did not have holes drilled. Looked at this one in person. No start and the wiring was kinda hacked. It looks to have run at some point, the pulleys were shiny.
I asked about the handrails because I thought maybe a SCIF was trying to get the max horsepower to put Operators on the objective at the highest speed, so upgraded to the 6.5l GEP-T.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Am I crazy to think with one of the runners you could hop in and drive it 1500 miles?

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess if you took 4 decent tires and a hose repair kit you could. I'd assume you would be using a chase vehicle too.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Am I crazy to think with one of the runners you could hop in and drive it 1500 miles?
not a good idea. Buying a military vehicle or any vehicle that is used and over 10 years old and thinking that you can drive halfway across the country safely does not make sense.

About a year ago, someone on this form what a military vehicle from a California dealership that specializes in former military vehicles. That guys from the broke down because the rear pumpkin fell apart and he needed emergency repairs.

You are buying a vehicle that has not gone through a dealership and you are buying a vehicle that is A complete unknown. You have no idea about the ball joints or tie rods or shock absorber's or engine alternator or transmission or transfer case or front pumpkin or rear pumpkin. You have no idea about the brakes. you have no idea what fluids need to be replaced. You have no idea if the ratty uterine is clogged. You have no idea if there is dirt and junk in the fuel tank. You have no idea if the protective control box is functional. You have no idea if the globe plugs are functional.

I guess I could go on and on however my point is there is no way you shouldn't drive his vehicle 1500 miles at this point in time. I think it would be far safer and far more economical to rent a Ryder truck and a fully suspended car hauler and pull the vehicle home with a one-way rental.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
not a good idea. Buying a military vehicle or any vehicle that is used and over 10 years old and thinking that you can drive halfway across the country safely does not make sense.

About a year ago, someone on this form what a military vehicle from a California dealership that specializes in former military vehicles. That guys from the broke down because the rear pumpkin fell apart and he needed emergency repairs.

You are buying a vehicle that has not gone through a dealership and you are buying a vehicle that is A complete unknown. You have no idea about the ball joints or tie rods or shock absorber's or engine alternator or transmission or transfer case or front pumpkin or rear pumpkin. You have no idea about the brakes. you have no idea what fluids need to be replaced. You have no idea if the ratty uterine is clogged. You have no idea if there is dirt and junk in the fuel tank. You have no idea if the protective control box is functional. You have no idea if the globe plugs are functional.

I guess I could go on and on however my point is there is no way you shouldn't drive his vehicle 1500 miles at this point in time. I think it would be far safer and far more economical to rent a Ryder truck and a fully suspended car hauler and pull the vehicle home with a one-way rental.

In the pictures at Pennsylvania and Colorado, the trucks look like they were just recently taken out of everyday SF training ops, unlike the lot rot GP units which have sat for decades.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the pictures at Pennsylvania and Colorado, the trucks look like they were just recently taken out of everyday SF training ops, unlike the lot rot GP units which have sat for decades.
I looked at these in person and they have most certainly been sitting for years.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked at these in person and they have most certainly been sitting for years.
Thank you for that report. Although you rained on my parade, it is far better to know this up front then after spending 10 grand thinking you were getting a creampuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks