• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028/31 body lift

jimmy-90

Im looking into putting a 2"body lift on the cab of my M1028/31 and can't seem to find any info on doing that. From what I have gathered I think the only problem I'll have is with some of my lines. I plan on useing an electric fan conversion and junking the stock shroud. I've put body lifts on a couple other trucks before and had no problems with things like the shift linkage,fuel filler neck or a stretched steering shaft. That was with 2" body lifts. Probly would of had all those problems with 3" lifts though. The main reason im looking to use a body lift is to make it alot easier to put an overdrive trans in. I also want to put a set of pro-comp 2 1/2" add-a-leafs on all 4 corners. Im not concerned with things like flex or a soft ride. I figure with 34" swampers and an overdrive I should easily be able to keep up with interstate traffic. I really really want to do a body lift + add-a-leafs for trans clearance,tire clearance and to get the bottom of the cab to sit closer to even with the utility box/body. Also there won't be that big gap between the body and the bumper. My push bumper is purdy big and can be easily adjusted up or down since I only have it bolted to the frame in 2 places right now. I plan on tieing it into the frame in 4 posibly 6 places later. Any info I can get on doing a body lift on a 6.2 diesel cucv would be much appreciated thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks