• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1028 alternators look funny

taylorbsmith

Hey guys it seems that the olive drab bug has bitten me once again. I am the proud new owner a 1987 M1028. I a confussed because I have had CUCV's in the past but I have never seen two large alternators both on the passenger side. The driverside altenator has been removed. Can someone please help me identify what I truck I have and what I should do if anything about it.

Last edited:

gungearz

Welcome to steel.soldiers. What is this thread supposed to be about. Maybe you should try posting a little more information and remember to always read the TM's before you ask questions.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys it seems that the olive drab bug has bitten me once again. I am the proud new owner a 1987 M1028. I a confussed because I have had CUCV's in the past but I have never seen two large alternators both on the passenger side. The driverside altenator has been removed. Can someone please help me identify what I truck I have and what I should do if anything about it.
Post some pictures as it most likely is a modifacation and not cover in the TM"s

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was only a small number of 87s made. The truck you have sounds like it has the 200A system found on the bambalance. Many of these even had an A/C compressor mounted but not hooked up to anything. As others have said, please post many detailed pics of the engine compartment and post the VIN (except the last 6 numbers) so we can break it down.

K9Vic

Yes it is the rare M1028 with the M1010 charging system to supply A/C to the shelter. It is a rare truck indeed. I think there is a post somewhere on here with one of them with pictures.

There are 1987 CUCV trucks and I had a M1028, but it did not have the M1010 charging system.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the 200A system. If you have problems start reading M1010 and duvac threads.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks