• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 and Rough Country 6" lift with add a leaf problem

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rough country is trying to tell me I can fit this add a leaf in. I don't see anywhere that it can go. It's smaller than the top leaf, but if I pull it in, the u bolts on both ends will not be big enough. Any advice? Thanks.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's going to ride even rougher than it already does if you add more leafs to that pack. I'm not sure how much lift you'd see from a single leaf back there. But you'd need longer u bolts if you want to just add leafs.

I'm just running blocks under mine. But I don't off road mine. Have you considered a rear shackle flip? You'll also need to address the overload springs as well if you do that.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's going to ride even rougher than it already does if you add more leafs to that pack. I'm not sure how much lift you'd see from a single leaf back there. But you'd need longer u bolts if you want to just add leafs.

I'm just running blocks under mine. But I don't off road mine. Have you considered a rear shackle flip? You'll also need to address the overload springs as well if you do that.
This was the whole kit for the K30. It was the front leaf springs and add a leaf plus the 4" block for the rear. I don't think the M1028 has the same rear leaf springs as a K30. There is no way to use this. I may just get a 6" block or do the skyjacker 6" leaf spring set. Rough country tells me that its possible to add this to the set but I see no way.

Keith_J

Ditching the overload springs improved the ride in my M1031 SECM. I installed air bags for load handling, far better than the 50 pounds of additional unsprung weight.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks