• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1028 charging problem need help has on alt

markg

I have tired to find what's wrong with it the battery close to the ratater and its not charging any ideas
you have 1028 with 24 v ambulance charging system with duvac. search the word and you will get lots of hits.
i have a ambulance with the same charging system. this is what i would do first. measure voltage at each battery when running. front battery usually has the problem. should be 13.8 to 14.5 running. check all fuses, makes sure gages work. the top alternator charges the front battery. do that and see what happens. thanks. mark

markg

I have one alternater have checked fues and batts the one close to the rattater it goes down with using lights and other systemes it runs it down have not been able to figer it out
somebody did away with the original system that truck had. originally the top alternator charged the front battery and the bottom alt charged the back. the front ran the truck, the back just the starter the way i understand it. i think they must be using one 24v alternator to charge the two batteries. i dont know what to tell you. sorry

Barrman

It does seem that you have a hacked up system. Between that and your way out there spelling, I have no clue what your problem is. Can you post a picture or two of the alternators and batteries?

Iam sorry guys I use a cell can't send pics on to steel so I don't know what to do I can send email and text messeges but I can't upload them to here if u want a pic of the wire or batterys give me a holler figer some way to send it thank every one help

D T

you only have one alternator? if you look at your batteries is there a short cable that goes from the positive to the negative posts?

batts

Yes it does and then a wire goes to the 12 volt block for main lighting and truck systems no if u disconect this wire to that batt it will die the truck iam trying to figer out how it runs back that way it also had ac for the shelter carrier on the back

markg

Yes it does and then a wire goes to the 12 volt block for main lighting and truck systems no if u disconect this wire to that batt it will die the truck iam trying to figer out how it runs back that way it also had ac for the shelter carrier on the back
pull the 6 8mm bolts that hold the regulator on top of the alternator, pull it straight up, see what position the lug is in. lo-med-hi. move it around and see if anything changes with out put. if you can determine that the regulator itself is bad it can be replaced. thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks