• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1028 crank pully

Zero_cool

Don't want to start a new thread but im on my phone and this is my only internet access right now and searching all over on a tiny screen sucks...so my ponder is, is it normal for my crank pullyy to be able to turn by hand. Im changing the torsion damper and it is turning pretty easy...I would say I can turn it with a socket at about 20-30 foot pounds....other then a bad damper truck runs good..

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes you should be able to turn the engine over with a socket and ratchet. Espacilly if it is a high hour or mileage engine. If you contune to turn it, it will start building compression and be harder to turn.

Zero_cool

Thanks for the piece of mind guys, my friend was telling me all this stuff thats wrong with it because it turns by hand so easily and was really stressing me out.
on another note i did finish installing the damper, but the crank pully still wobbles, i noticed my power steering pully wobbles also so im hopeing that thats just throwing the crank pully off balance....:shock:...dout it but im hoping
Dawrin thats a sweet truck do you have anymore pics

Zero_cool

Yea i taped the balancer on with a deadblow until the bold would crab and then i just sucked it in with the bolt,torqed it to 200 ft lbs, the pully didnt look bent so i put it back on torqed bolts to 40 ft lbs

Cucvnut

The pulley might not be flat on the back or the front of the blancer. might want to take it off and put a flat edge on it to see if its bent.

Zero_cool

thanks i will take it off and reinspect tomorrow, How big a deal is it? I have some running around i have to do before i pull it apart. can i drive it or should i take the foot-mobile?

Cucvnut

how bad does it wobble ? like if its just a little i dont think its that big of a deal. if its very out of round ya dont drive it.

Zero_cool

i pulled the crank pully off and the rij on the back is worn more on one side i tryed evening it out but have failed...NAPPA ,the Stealer ship , and junk yards cannot get one.. anyone know of a place i can get it from?

Zero_cool

so i finally had time to work on my truck,i pulled the crank pully off and started the truck...the brand new balancer was wobbling worse then the old one was...i pulled the new balancer off and there is copper colored shaving on my crank shaft.i mesured the diameter of the old balancer,and compared it with the new one i got from NAPPA and the new one is 1/8'' smaller..i just changed the oil before i replaced the balncer so i know it because of the balancer...what should i do?

Zero_cool

:oops: :oops: :oops: word to the wise, the washer that comes with the harmonic balancer has a round side and a flat side that one might not notice after 1-2-3-? beers. make sure you put the flat side toward the engine or the damper will wobble.... :doh:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks