• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 dana 60 front axle

Oldsouthernboy

I am going to make my M1028 a trail rig. I have been told the Eaton limited slip front locker is to weak for a trail rig. I am not wanting a rock crawler, just a rig to do trail ridding. What is a replacemnt if this is true? I know arb makes a front locker but is quite expensive . I m look for a good locker that I hope will not cost the family jewels in ransom. Is a youkon locker worth the money or the OX locker which is a manual locker?

bgekky3

I have a limited slip in my Bronco and Open front in my Toyota. Both have true lockers in the rear. Having an open or limited slip front helps prevent breakage. If you have only one front tire with traction it really stresses the internals.

If I can't make an obsticle on the first time, I try again or use the winch.

After running the trails and you feel like you need an upgrade, get an ARB. If you can't turn off the front locker, it will be hard to turn the wheels and the truck will push.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks