• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 for sale

m4A1

Ok my delema, I can no longer use my M1028 to commute because it is not economical. I know I will get lots of hate mail but it qualifies for the Feds $4500 credit for a new car. I hate to do that because the M1028 runs well and would rather sell it to someone that can use it instead of sending it to the crusher. It is in the classified and if someone would make me a reasonable offer I would not need to trade it in. It starts fine and runs fine and has a GearVendor.

patch

Ooh yeah, that's a tough one. $4500 is a good chunk of cash but think about this- the credit you get on your trade is deducted from the purchase price of a NEW vehicle. Now I have no problem helping out US automakers but for me, right now, NEW CAR = $$$ I don't have, credit or no credit. I'd say sell it for your best price and put that $$ toward an econo commuter car. Anyway, I'd be interested but too far away for me- good luck whatever you do. But if it goes to the scrapper, do us a favor: No pictures!:cry:

Wrench Wench

Sell it for $3k and then go to a state surplus auction and buy a 2004 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor Street Appearance Package detective's cruiser.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The GearVendor overdrive is worth thousands by itself . . . I was kicking this around with my 1008 but it is built 3/84 and is too old for the program. No free gov't handout for me, as usual.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
you can't buy a $50 clunker at get the credit. You must own the vehicle and have it registered and insured in your name for at least one year prior to trading the vehicle. it must run also.