• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 Forestry Truck

Thirteen

I came across a M1028 forestry truck.

Anyone got any recommendations on paint?

I was going to hit Home Depot and see what they have in dark red matte.

But thought it was worth asking first.

dmetalmiki

It would be a good idea if you posted up some pictures of your truck. And a more detailed story of what you are planning to do with it. "you came across a truck" is really vague..Does it have wheels? engine? ..post up some details.

Thirteen

****, you are on point for a Monday.

Truck is not in my possession. Plans depend on the condition. But if I bring it home, I will do something cool with it.

I built a one ton M1009 with a 12v/NV4500 two years ago. Did a M1008 with an LS swap last year.

dually.jpg

Here is the M1028A2 I built for the a 4th of July parade last year and sold shortly after.

I haven't seen too many red M1028s cleaned up.

Last edited:

Thirteen

So they are the red headed step children of the CUCV world. Copy.

No cab and chassis. That is a dana 70 with dually fenders. Maybe the camouflage is hiding the lines.

Let me go take a look and see what I got to work with.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the angle of the pic it looks like both tires are tucked under the fenders. Usually with the big tires, folks run a spacer between the duals, pushes the tires outside the fenders.

Thirteen

I ran spacers on the wheels. Just had to find the right wheels to get them to fit inside the fenders.

People run too wide a wheel and have to put big spacers so they dont rub. Pushes them out too far.