• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1028 from texas forest service with a salvage title?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they agreed to give you a normal SF-97, get them to re-do it. You will have to send that one back. Was just a clerical error, no sense in causing yourself huge grief by accepting it.

K9Vic

This VIN has a Texas title for it that is not salvage. As long as that SF-97 document is not filed with TxDOT, do the bonded title and after 3 years the bond goes away and there will be no trace of a salvage branding. Remember you can sell a vehicle here in Texas with a bonded title. However some states will not accept it, but Texas will transfer them all day long within.

http://txdmv.gov/motorists/buying-or-selling-a-vehicle/title-check-look-before-you-buy
Vehicle Make: CHEV
Vehicle Model:
Vehicle Year: 1986
Vehicle Identification Number: 1GCHD34J1GF326733
Title Issue Date: 2008/04/17
Title Number: 00320039545124649

markg

This VIN has a Texas title for it that is not salvage. As long as that SF-97 document is not filed with TxDOT, do the bonded title and after 3 years the bond goes away and there will be no trace of a salvage branding. Remember you can sell a vehicle here in Texas with a bonded title. However some states will not accept it, but Texas will transfer them all day long within.

http://txdmv.gov/motorists/buying-or-selling-a-vehicle/title-check-look-before-you-buy
Vehicle Make:
CHEV
Vehicle Model:
Vehicle Year:
Vehicle Identification Number:
1GCHD34J1GF326733
Title Issue Date:
2008/04/17
Title Number:
thanks for the heads up, i knew it had been titled , dont know which vfd had it yet. i have thought about getting a duplicate but i doubt they would sign a lost title affa davit since it was govt owned. bonded is another way, have done it many times, but it cost me about 200 to do it. still thinking about it. also another member told me salvage form 97 are handled differently. i will check monday and post back. thanks. mark

markg

How much did you pick this one up for?
it was less than the one you are looking at. mine came from gsa, it was paid for before i ever saw it. i drove 200 miles to pick it up. you dont know what your going to get until you see it. parts are usually missing. drive train may be blown or incomplete. its a big gamble. its not for the faint of heart. thanks. mark

Stanliaf

I purchased 2 cars here that had salvage title but they were in great shape, but of course I had them checked by mechanics to make sure everything is fine, and also checked their vin number. There are many reasons why a car might have salvage title, it can be minor damage that is easily repaired.

Last edited:

markg

Great news, but how exactly did you do that if I may ask?
first thing i did was come here to get the scoop from people who might have had a similar experience. i got a lot of great feedback. my truck was lumped in to a group of mainly scrap vehicles from the texas forest service. mine was complete with no major parts missing. i think i am a good repeat customer of gsa. i called my contract officer directly on the phone to dicuss the problem. i explained to him that the form 97 originally issued would not transfer to a texas title of any kind. he took that info to his supervisor, whom i do not know, and she decided to approve a clean form 97. thanks for asking! mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks